Much of the music we hear on the radio today is saturated with elicit drug use, casual sex, violence and other bad influences that are hurting our society. Every once in a while, however, there is a rare gem of a song that encourages you to rise above the coarser parts of human nature and be a better person. This blog features some of our favorite uplifting pop songs along with what they mean to us.

Feel free to leave your own interpretation as a comment!

Friday, May 7, 2010

"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong

With all the stresses and frustrations we experience in life, it is important to occasionally step out and enjoy the miracle that our world is.  The beautiful blue of the sky reflecting in a crisp mountain lake.  The cool, earthy smell of the forest.  The soothing rhythm of the ocean at the shore.

We perhaps feel this awe of nature the most around young children.  If we could all look at the wonderful world around us with the curiosity of an infant, our troubles would all seem much smaller in the context of everything else.  They understand that this world was made for our enjoyment.  They understand that no person is better than any other and we are all meant to love each other.



"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.
I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.


No comments:

Post a Comment